Here’s what you need to know about COLT 2016!
More exciting changes are coming this year to COLT, ERA’s long-standing Chapter Officers Leadership Training program.
The COLT curriculum underwent a major redesign in 2014 to make it more convenient and less time-consuming for attendees as well as more easily affordable for ALL chapters. The redesign worked well, but now the COLT faculty (Bob Evans, CPMR, Walter Tobin, Tess Hill and Stephanie Tierney) are streamlining the program a bit more as a result of feedback from past attendees.
The three one-hour webinars we created in 2014 are being DOWNSIZED to just one webinar, to be conducted on FRIDAY, OCT. 21.
That will be followed by the in-person workshop in Chicago, scheduled from 3 p.m. on TUESDAY, NOV. 1, through 3 p.m. on WEDNESDAY, NOV. 2.
The in-person workshop, the most valuable part of the program, is being left intact, but the webinar time has been reduced. The workshop is also being shifted from a Thursday-Friday time frame to a Tuesday and Wednesday to eliminate attendees having to travel on a Friday.
CHAPTER OFFICERS AND MANAGERS: With this information in mind, please begin NOW to discuss with your chapter board those volunteers who should attend COLT this year. As soon as you have identified your candidates, please share this information with them and forward their names and contact information to Tess Hill at email@example.com.
COLT tuition will be $400 for all expenses (the webinar, the COLT manual, hotel guest room, food and beverage service, meeting space, etc.) EXCEPT attendee travel to and from Chicago.
The following chapters have scholarships to cover COLT tuition. Please note that scholarships awarded to Chapters of the Year must be used within two years or they expire, assuming COLT was offered in the year of the award. There was no COLT program in 2015, so several chapters have multiple scholarships in their “bank.”
- Carolinas – ONE scholarship which must be used in 2016 or it will expire.
- Chicagoland-Wisconsin – TWO scholarships, one of which must be used in 2016 or it will expire; the second scholarship can be used in 2016 or 2017.
- Empire State – ONE scholarship which must be used in 2016 or it will expire.
- New England – ONE scholarship which can used in 2016 or 2017.
- New York – THREE scholarships, one of which must be used in 2016 or it will expire; the other scholarships can be used in 2016 or 2017.
- Southern California – THREE scholarships, all of which can be used in 2016 or 2017.
NOTE: Chapters that cannot use a scholarship in the year it will expire are encouraged to donate that scholarship to another chapter.
If you have any questions, just contact Tess Hill, and please watch for updates on COLT 2016 coming soon.