Register by Sept. 1 … Miss the registration deadline? Contact Stephanie Tierney right away!
COLT 2017: FAST FACTS
ERA Chapter Officers Leadership Training (Dedicated to Excellence in Volunteerism!)
Attendees will arrive on Wednesday, Nov. 8. At 6 p.m., all guests will meet in the lobby for a welcome reception and dinner (location TBA). The workshop program runs from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 9, with an optional dinner afterward.
DoubleTree by Hilton O’Hare – Rosemont
5460 North River Road
Rosemont, Il 60018
Hotel main phone: 847-292-9100
Join a small group of fellow chapter officers, both current and future, for an intensive (but genuinely enjoyable) program loaded with practical knowledge, tips and ERA insider information to help you meet the challenges of serving as a volunteer leader.
COLT presents the big picture … all about …
— ERA, your local chapter and YOU, the volunteer leader.
— Supporting your chapter needs (without reinventing the wheel).
COLT gets down to details about …
— Running a chapter effectively, especially today when volunteerism is highly strained.
— Key areas of chapter operation, including:
|• structure and governance
• educational programming
• member services
• industry activities
• special events
| • bylaws and elections
• tax status and other legal matters
• committees and task forces
• membership recruitment and retention
• meeting management and presentation
• newsletters and other publications
• chapter websites
And … COLT delivers dynamic interaction!
— Attendance is limited to 12 or fewer participants.
— In-person workshop sessions allow ample of time for Q & A and networking.
Tuition is $425 and is paid by the chapter. This covers all the following expenses: webinar, COLT manual, hotel guest room, food and beverage service, meeting space, reception and dinners. Travel to and from Chicago is at the expense of the attendee and/or the attendee’s chapter.
The following chapters have scholarships to cover COLT tuition. Please note that scholarships awarded to Chapters of the Year must be used within two years or they expire, assuming COLT was offered in the year of the award. There was no COLT program in 2015, so some chapters have scholarships in their “bank.”
- Carolinas – ONE scholarship which must be used in 2017 or 2018.
- Chicagoland-Wisconsin – ONE scholarships to be used in 2017 or 2018.
- Empire State – ONE scholarship to be used in 2017 or 2018.
- Indiana-Kentucky – ONE scholarship to be used in 2017 or 2018.
- New York – THREE scholarships, one of which MUST be used in 2017 or it will expire; the other two scholarships can be used in 2017 or 2018.
- Southern California – ONE scholarship which must be used in 2017 or 2018.
NOTE: Chapters that cannot use a scholarship in the year it will expire are encouraged to donate that scholarship to another chapter. (Email email@example.com with an interest in donating a scholarship.)
COLT 2017 Schedule
|Tuesday, Oct. 24, 12:00 p.m. (CST)||One-hour webinar|
|Wednesday, Nov. 8, 6:00 p.m.||Welcome reception and dinner. Attendees meet in lobby.|
|Thursday, Nov. 9, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.||In-person workshop sessions (including lunch, snacks and optional dinner out).|