September 2022, Volume 1
Find out more here.
MANUFACTURING DATA REPORTS
Manufacturing data reports from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) are released at the beginning of every month and can be accessed at ISM. The latest report says economic activity in the manufacturing sector grew in August, with the overall economy achieving a 27th consecutive month of growth.
The computer and electronic products sector was among 10 manufacturing industries reporting growth in August.
The electrical equipment, appliances and components sector was among seven manufacturing industries reporting contraction in August compared to July.
> U.S. manufacturing activity held steady in August, with new orders and employment both increasing compared to July. The price index also declined, easing price pressures and indicating that inflation may have hit its peak. Yet, ISM panelists expressed concern with a softening economy and increasing materials and labor costs. Read more.
> Where do key industry stakeholders think the CHIPS Act money should go? The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) recently reached out to industry members to ask, and then published a report that compiled the answers. Read more.
> Micron announced it will invest $15 billion through the end of the decade to construct a new memory manufacturing fab in Boise, Idaho, a project that will create an estimated 2,000 direct jobs and an additional 15,000 ancillary jobs. Read more.
> ERA Virtual Sales Training will take place in a little less than a month! The sessions, schedule and speakers have been announced. A sampling of the training topics: digital marketing, effective communication skills, pre-call planning, warm calling with confidence, value-based selling and tips and tricks on setting appointments. Can you afford NOT to attend? Read more information and register now. The program will take place Oct. 4-6, 2022.
> Showcase your company in front of 3,500 industry members! The deadline to request advertising space in the Fall issue of The Representor is Friday, September 9. Read about ad rates and sizes. Email Clare Kluck, ERA Communications Director, to reserve an ad space. ERA also offers digital advertising opportunities in this Quick Connections e-newsletter and on the ERA homepage. Read more.
> ERA is proud to announce its Empire Chapter raised $35,000 to donate to a local domestic violence shelter at its annual August golf tournament dedicated to the memory of Julie Baker. Baker was an ERA member and electronics industry member who was tragically taken by an act of domestic violence in 2020. Read more.
Good reasons to attend electronica 2022
electronica is the most important international meeting place for the electronics industry. The world’s leading trade fair covers the entire electronics spectrum from components to systems, applications and services. The extensive conference and supporting program highlights automotive, embedded, semiconductors and wireless – and networks startups with the industry.
Convincing arguments for you to attend electronica
- The entire electronics industry gathers at a single location. Exhibitors from nearly every sub-sector of the electronics industry from at least 50 countries around the world with a comprehensive range of exhibits, all at a single location: Such a high concentration of innovations at this level is only available at electronica.
- This is where the base for an “all-electric society” grows. Electronics already determine most of our lives, and their influence on our everyday lives will increase even more in the future. Only at electronica you can experience how applications from the fields of industrial electronics, telecommunications, energy and electromobility, as well as the credit and insurance industries, are preparing the way for the “all-electric society.”
- Electronics enable sustainability. The electronica 2022 highlight topics such as e-mobility, smart energy, power electronics, IIoT and artificial intelligence will showcase solutions and products for the sustainable and responsible use of resources.
- Expand your expertise! Theme-oriented forums and prestigious conferences in cooperation with our media partners give you a look at future prospects.
- We showcase, network and support talent. We help talents stay oriented, network career engineers and professionals with leading employers and generate a great deal of attention for start-ups.